Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pet Blog!!!

I love animals! If there is a common pet, you can bet that I’ve either had one or at least have known someone well who had one. Pets are the light of my life, and they help me stay sane. I feel like one of the best things in the world is coming home and having my pets running up or climbing the bars of their cages, thrilled to see me!

Basically I run a zoo, or at least that’s what everyone tells me. Dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, reptiles . . . I’ve owned them all and loved them. Still do! I just can’t imagine not having a bunch of animals around.

I like discovering new and interesting things and sharing them with other people, so I thought I would have fun with a blog. I can report on my pets and things I learn about other types of animals as well.

One of the worst things I see is people who don’t know how to take care of their pets. The pets aren’t happy, the owners aren’t happy . . . it’s a bad situation all around! My purpose is to put one more resource out there for people who want to do the right thing for their animals.

The best thing to do is to do a bunch of research before you buy a certain kind of pet. You want to know the ins and outs of that species and breed BEFORE you bring it home. Too many people make impulse animal purchases, only to get frustrated because they aren’t sure what to do with it. I want to talk about how to prepare yourself for a new pet before you get one, and hopefully that will also help answer questions for people who have an animal and now need advice on what to do with it.

I’ll be back soon with some more things to say, and I hope you’ll check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment